Tuesday 8 July 2014

The BARON Programming Language

I'm currently designing a new programming language, which I'm presently naming 'BARON'…yes, it's named after me, I say to myself if Linus can name an OS after himself why can't I do something similar;)

And also it's BARON all in caps, as an homage to the simplicity of BASIC.


I'm going to publish soon a detailed design intention document but in resume, the goal of this vanity project is to develop a simple wrapper user interface prototyping language.

I currently find it still too slow to prototype & implement UI front-ends for interactive applications, especially on web platforms.

The panoply of client-side web languages/specifications makes it hard to focus on the actual UX design of the front-end interface. My end goal is to wrap CSS, HTML & JavaScript into a simple unified syntax & language structure that is focused on the principales of finite states.

BARON might not be a precise solution for large scale productions but it can become a good tool for quick UI/UX scripting & prototyping.

0 comments: